But, one day my Windows XP hard drive crashed and I lost all of my data. A 10 year old, $100 iMac G3 recovered just about everything.
I discovered Yahoo email after growing frustrated with constantly losing all of my AOL settings and email each time I had to reformat my Windows 98 and XP setups due to viruses or slow performance.
I thought I would remain with Yahoo forever, until I discovered that GMail offers POP3 and IMAP email access for free. IMAP is a big deal because it is so much better than POP3. Yahoo charges $20 yearly for POP3 only. I used GMail IMAP on my Blackberry, and I was hooked. The defection began.
Today, I love how Apple and Google have made my digital world easy. I compute and backup with a Mac. (OS X, iLife, iWork, Safari, Mail, iTunes)
I desperately want another iPhone. Then, my transformation will be complete. For now, I toil with a Blackberry.
My dream setup is a Mac Pro, 30 inch Cinema Display, 17 inch MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPod touch, Apple TV and Airport Extreme
I email, search, blog and navigate with Google (GMail, Blogger, Maps and Earth). The only thing I do with Yahoo is chat. I gave up AOL years ago and I use Microsoft for practically nothing, since Apple fills all those needs quite nicely.
I am quite happy now and can't wait till I start making real money again.

2 comments:
How do I start the transfer of power.
The first thing I would recommend is that you try an Apple product like iTUnes on your Windows computer. Then try an iPod. If you have a positive experience with those two items, find a cheat iMac on craigslist or from a university. I purchased my first iMac for $100 from UCLA after my PC crashed. If you find that a Mac solves a computing problem for you, then upgrade to a Mac mini or iMac, or one of their laptops. If not, you can stay with Windows. If Windows is doing the job for you and you are truly happy with that product, stay with it. Many people are truly happy with Windows. For many years, I was, until it failed me in the worst way possible.
Post a Comment