I had been searching for volunteer opportunities long before I discovered SafeRide America, but nothing quite fit. This one is right for me because it promotes safe driving. SafeRide America gives intoxicated drivers a way to get themselves and their vehicles home in a safe manner.
I decided to volunteer after someone told me that a good way to find a job was to volunteer and network with those I meet. Clear is great, but I have to wait two months before I get paid, so I need to fix the cash flow issue quickly. I'm tired of having things turned off all the time.
My objective was to do something for the community, network to find a job and perhaps gain SafeRide America as a client for Clear.
The executive director has been trying for weeks to develop an effective poster for his non-profit organization. I came up with this idea in 10 minutes. It took about five hours to complete the poster and have it ready for a printer. This poster will be displayed at 18x24 in bars and clubs throughout Atlanta.
It is safe to say I have done something for the community. These posters will make a difference. When I restore my license, I plan to volunteer long-term for SafeRide America.
Oh yeah, I was even offered a job, but I couldn't take it because I don't have a valid driver license. So close yet so far away.
They call me a freak:
-
You have heard of freakazoids, freaky behavior, even freaks of nature. Rick
James wrote a song about a super freak. And I can remember back then if you
wer...
6 years ago


1 comment:
Pete, I love your spirit. You do not give up when things don't work in the way you want it. You just stand up, brush the dust off and move on. I love that. A fighter like me.
Post a Comment