As I continue my search for employment, I am also keeping my options open for self-employment opportunities. Recently, I was presented with a couple of fascinating opportunities which may lead to a successful career as a self employed Information Technology professional.
I love computers and I especially love Mac OS X. I also have several references for how well I have difficult solved computer problems for end users of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X computers.
Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that home users don't like to pay for quality service. But, businesses do. Apple changed the licensing terms for OS X Server when they released 10.6 Snow Leopard. Instead of the $499/10 client and $999 unlimited client price points of 10.5 Leopard Server, 10.6 Snow Leopard Server is offered at $499 for an unlimited number of clients. This is a tremendous value for businesses looking to save money on administration costs when compared to the prohibitive expense of supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2. The cost structure of Mac OS X is ideal for small businesses.
My plan is to offer unlimited computer support to a few small businesses for one year at one prepaid price. Not only will the company save money with cost of their network, they will save significant money supporting it. I will rebuild my life, generate clients for life and earn solid references doing something I love with an operating system that is incredible to work with.
I will NOT work with Windows Server. I will offer my services for stand-alone or workgroup Windows XP, Vista and 7 business users, and Mac OS X 10.6 Server and Mac OS X stand alone business users. I doubt I will have many home clients, but I will offer them a per visit rate at $40 for unlimited service per computer.
The money I earn will pay for all of the Mac OS X certification classes I want to take. As the economy improves, I can rase my rates to market rates, but for those businesses that hired me first, I will lock in my prices with them.
I will find a way to make this work.
They call me a freak:
-
You have heard of freakazoids, freaky behavior, even freaks of nature. Rick
James wrote a song about a super freak. And I can remember back then if you
wer...
7 years ago

1 comment:
BABY THAT SOUNDS PHENOMENAL! AND WHEN I GET DOWN THERE AND YOURE ALL BIG AND SUCCESSFUL..U GON HAVE TO AT LEAST TAKE ME TO THE DOLLAR MENU.
Post a Comment