A setback has happened - I spilled a lot of tea on my laptop.
At 3 AM, I was sitting at my desk drinking my daily hot tea when I decided to move the cup in front of my computer. I stood up for some reason and next thing I knew, the arm rest of my chair turned and my leg was wet. I looked at my computer and noticed the large amount of liquid on the keyboard and trackpad just before the computer went dead. All I could do was mumble "no" because I realized there was nothing I could do but accept that my two-month computer was toast.
I cleaned up everything and turned the computer upside-down, hoping for the best.
It's 4:35 AM now and by some miracle, the computer is working. I transferred some important documents to a flash drive so I can finish the projects on a Mac at the Apple Store till I save enough money to buy a replacement computer. It is acting very funny with various components trying to install and strange sounds coming from the computer, but it got me on Blogger so I could post this entry.
I have clearly shortened the lifespan of this computer. This one will hurt, because I sold my MacBook Pro to get this computer. As it dies from the spilled tea, I just count my blessings that the hard drive is OK and I will be able to easily transfer all of the files before the computer is completely dead.
One thing is for sure - no more eating or drinking in my room (or near any computer) ever again.
They call me a freak:
-
You have heard of freakazoids, freaky behavior, even freaks of nature. Rick
James wrote a song about a super freak. And I can remember back then if you
wer...
6 years ago

1 comment:
awww sweetheart.
Post a Comment